Spanish version available here.
Are you trying to stream but all you can see is the message "Sorry, the live stream is offline" on preview?
Unfortunately there is no one answer to what this could be, but here are a list of likely suspects that could be the cause:
First thing to check is your encoder.
‘Streaming to primary’ - If you can see this or similar message it means your encoder is streaming and the problem is elsewhere. If not, you might re-download the XML file and start the stream again.
If you are using the TriCaster encoder, make sure the stream name has a %i in it. So for example: dclive_1_150@XXXXXX becomes dclive_1_%i@XXXXXX
If you are using a Teradek encoder, please make sure the firmware is updated.
- Encoder settings
Please verify your encoder settings:
Check the stream URL and name (Note: some of the encoders need the stream to be renamed: http://help.dacast.com/hc/en-us/articles/200632824-Wirecast-Multi-bitrates-Documentation-Version-5-6-)
Please verify if you’re not out of the bandwidth (Go to your account and click PURCHASE and check your Remaining bandwidth)
Check if your channel is set to ON (found under DESCRIPTION)
Are you streaming in very high quality? You might check your upload speed first. Note that you need fast and stable connection which can handle high quality streaming. We recommend streaming at roughly half of your connection speed (Test here: http://testmy.net/upload)
In any case, try to lower the bitrates to test if this was the cause.
To be able to stream DaCast needs ports 80, 443 or 1935 to be opened. Please check your Firewall.
Please verify if Flash and cookies are enabled on your browser. You can quickly test this here. Also try to clean the cache.
Please double check that you have embed the right code on your webpage.
- Do a right click on the webpage where the online video is embedded
- Select "View Page Source"
- Do a search (Ctrl+F on a PC) for "dacast"
- Compare the embed code with the one under the publish settings section of the video content you are using in your DaCast account
If none of these helps try the following:
- Try to stream with backup link: Change p to b in your stream url: rtmp://b.epxxxx.i.akamaientrypoint.net/EntryPoint
- Create a new stream (if this works, please contact our support team so we can investigate the original channel)
- Go to our chat for further help