In March 2016, DaCast announced the ability to provision live channels for Roku TV, Apple TV or any private web TV channels and mobile app. This is possible via the generation of an HLS M3U8 media link for any of your live streaming channel.
Please note that this M3U8 feature is available for Pro plans and above. If you are interested in getting it, please contact us!
If you are already familiar with the m3u8 link of your DaCast channel and want to know more on how to stream on Roku TV, please click here.
This guide will help you generate the m3u8 link in your DaCast account.
- Login into your DaCast account
- Create a HTML5 live channel or click on the HTML5 live channel you want to use
- Under the PUBLISH SETTINGS section, you will see the following blue button "GENERATE M3U8 LINK":
- Generate the M3U8 link of your channel:
A note will pop up warning you that your request has been taken into account and that it can take up to 2 minutes.
It is possible that for some channels our CDN partner is longer than expected to send us the information. In that case you will see another note after 2 minutes telling you that your request is being processed but is taking a bit longer than expected. In that case, please stand by and refresh your page a few minutes after. Then you m3u8 link should be there.
- Here is what you should get once your M3U8 link is generated:
The format of your M3U8 should be the following:
Please add "https:" in front of your m3u8 link as shown below:
This will ensure a secure delivery of your stream via the m3u8 link
Please note that M3U8 links that have been created before January 2017 might have the following format: http://live-XX.viewer.dacast.com/i/dclive_X@XXXXXX/master.m3u8
If that's the case:
- please remove M3U8 access
- generate a new M3U8 link
- verify if you have an akamai's URL, if so: you're all good to go
- if you still do not have an akamai's URL, please contact us